"we are mushrooms" demos

Started playing/recording music again late last summer into fall and winter, & now spring - and have been making lil demos on tape, relying on synthesizers mainly. Renata and I tried to start a band with another musician in town, his influence led this attention to synthesizers; despite "jam sessions" sounding awesome, we couldn't manage to get a decent-sounding recording made, one that we all agreed upon for output... as summer died off, life & schedules got too busy and stretched to make music-making happen... maybe one day, some echoes with rear their heads.






I am tired of just sitting on my own ideas (while life, child-rearing, making art and trying to maintain a sense of home take priority), so I am uploading them for myself to listen to (at work), and perhaps soon others too - hoping to add lyrics to some with Renata's baritone voice, and one day find other musicians to help expand upon these basic ideas. I wish I couldn't be so distracted and all over the place, but it seems like thats how life keeps unfolding, so I'll just keep trying to keep up. All ideas developed after having a beer or two after putting kiddo to bed, and not feeling like painting, and whilst Renata is writing, or not begging me for a movie night... Taking it slowww...




No comments:

archive